[mercury-users] undefined predicate error/1

kimbly at cybercom.net kimbly at cybercom.net
Wed Mar 21 15:11:23 AEDT 2001

I'm a beginner with mercury, and I seem to have hit a problem.
Here's some source (this is the whole file):

:- module expr.

:- pred pop is det.
pop :- error("Error!").

And here's what the compiler has to say:

expr.m:  1: Warning: interface for module `expr' does not export anything.
expr.m:004: In clause for predicate `expr:pop/0':
expr.m:004:   error: undefined predicate `error/1'.
For more information, try recompiling with `-E'.

I'm using version mercury-0.10.i686-pc-linux-libc2.1-gnu-O4-hlc
on a Linux Mandrake system.  I've been able to run the hello
world program, and some more complex stuff of my own design,
so I'm pretty sure that mercury was installed correctly.

Thanks for your attention.

By the way, I have to say Mercury is looking pretty cool so far.
Once it supports partially instantiated data structures, I'll be
really happy :)