[mercury-users] XML Parsing

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 7 23:36:17 AEST 2001

The Haskell chaps here point out that they generally have to
special-case the lexer, because otherwise that stage accounts
for 90+% of the run-time for a combinator-based parser (they're
quite keen on them.)  Quite conveniently, lex.m should be quite
able to handle Unicode streams without trouble.

Can somebody who actually does XML stuff please compile the
parser with profiling turned on and tell us what mprof reports?

Cheers,

Ralph