[mercury-users] Event handling in mercury

Holger Krug hkrug at rationalizer.com
Mon Jul 16 21:47:26 AEST 2001

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 04:18:11AM -0700, Ralph Becket wrote:
> At a guess, I'd assume the calc code was written to avoid using the
> globals slot on the io__state (see io__{get,set}_globals) which could
> have been used to avoid the problems you mention.

OK. Did not find this in the libs. Thanks!

(But why to have only type-less globals ? I understand, that globals
are somehow foreigners in a purely declarative world, but I think the
Mercury language - as in a similar way Haskell, too - has very nice
features to make a clean separation between declarative and imperative
code.)

--
Holger Krug
hkrug at rationalizer.com