Functional syntax (Was: RE: [mercury-users] Hi, and determinism)

Robert Bossy bossy at ccr.jussieu.fr
Fri Feb 2 22:38:17 AEDT 2001

Fergus Henderson a écrit :

> On 31-Jan-2001, Mattias Waldau <mattias.waldau at abc.se> wrote:
> > The beatty of Ocaml is that it can do anything a low-level language like C
> > can - and almost as fast - and that you can make pure programs.
>
> Does Ocaml have support for bit fields, or something equivalent?

Yes, look for the bitv library that can be found at:
http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/ftp/ocaml/ds/
(files are bitv.ml bitv.mli bitv.ps.gz)

> > Two additional features I really miss in Mercury is a fast compiler and an
> > interactive environment.
>
> We have been doing quite a bit of work in those areas recently.
> There's a long way to go, but we've been making good progress.

The interactive environment (I guess shell-like) will be a great
improvement for those who want to learn the Mercury language, thus it
will be a great improvement for Mercury.

--
sig(Robert,Bossy) :-
	bossy at ccr.jussieu.fr
.