[mercury-users] Higher order / currying functors

David Jeffery dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Aug 31 12:55:14 AEST 2001

On 31-Aug-2001, Michael Day <mikeday at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Will it ever be possible to treat functors as functions - ie. is this
> something that just hasn't been done yet or is it not going to happen due
> to the way Mercury handles types and modes?

If/when we add support for multi-moded higher order constants, I see no reason
not to add support for treating a functor as shorthand for a function. Until
that time, though, I think the current behaviour is pretty reasonable.

dgj
--
David Jeffery (dgj at cs.mu.oz.au) | If you want to build a ship, don't drum up
PhD student,                    | people together to collect wood or assign