[mercury-users] Ouch! The .m extension and Objective-C

Tom Howland Tom at Tomzilla.org
Fri Aug 24 05:04:36 AEST 2001

The emacs way of overriding the interpretation of the file suffix is to specify
the mode in the first line

% -*- mode: Prolog; -*-

And, unlike vim, it ships with an adequate Prolog highlighting package and is
smart enough to not bother you with the line endings settings, unless you want
it to.

Of course, I refer to the one true emacs, xemacs, which I run on top of cygwin
on top of win2000.