[mercury-users] lexing and parsing in Mercury

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Wed Apr 25 22:51:05 AEST 2001

> I've been using lex lately and it's a great tool to have, works very
> nicely. One thing I would like is the ability to put back tokens, this
> would be handy for handwritten parsers. Also a couple of utility
functions
> to make it easier to write top down parsers would be nice; I haven't
tried
> using lex with moose yet.

It wouldn't be too hard to put a wrapper around a lexer instance that
supported token put-back.  You'd probably have to use the built-in
unsafe_promise_unique/2.

> Anyway, it's a handy module to have! Will it go into the standard
library
> some day?

Great to hear it's seeing real use!  The library philosophy is to be
conservative as to what goes in there; lex.m may make it into the
standard library if it proves to be invaluable.

Cheers,

Ralph