[mercury-users] Mercury, NLP, SLP, and ILP

Stephen Beauregard beaurs at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Sat Sep 9 02:52:13 AEDT 2000

Greetings!

I am currently writing a Natural Language Processing
application in Prolog for my master's thesis and
have experienced this language's strengths and weaknesses. For
future projects (NLP and machine learning), I'm considering
using Mercury as a robust, fast substitute for Prolog. An
interesting question is whether Mercury is a good platform for
implementing stochastic logic programs or inductive logic programs.

I'd like to chat with people who have actually used Mercury
on large projects.

Would there happen to be any Mercury developpers or users coming
to Montreal this September for ICFP2000? If so, please contact me.

Regards.

S.B.

--
Stéphane Beauregard, Étudiant de 2ème cycle / Graduate student
Département d'Informatique et recherche opérationnelle / Computer
Courriel / email: beaurs at iro.umontreal.ca
Page Web / Home page: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~beaurs