[mercury-users] Mercury as a 1st class prototyping language ?

ChrisRath at aol.com ChrisRath at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 14:53:20 AEDT 2000

APL is a language that dates back to 1960 written by Iverson, who's more
recent efforts are the J language.  APL is one of the few languages that
extensively uses symbols (characters) - more than 500 the last time I looked.
 Problem is that most of the characters are not part of the ASCII character
set and aren't standard on most PC keyboards.

If you want a flavor of what APL code looks like, there is an Idiom Library
at:

http://www.pyr.fi/apl/texts/Idiot.htm

Now, back to the regular discussion on Mercury - which I'm still trying to
figure out (I still haven't been able to grok the documentation of
existential types).