[mercury-users] discriminated unions in c_code

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 30 16:48:52 AEDT 2000

On 30-Nov-2000, Michael Day <mikeday at corplink.com.au> wrote:

> > You could also export functions/predicates that do this, and call them
> > from C (make their inputs simple types such as strings or ints).
> >
> > Otherwise you have to start to concern yourself with how the compiler
> > will choose representations for the type.
>
> Oh right. Sounds like exporting would be a nice solution. This means I
> have to say will_call_mercury for the c_code predicates which call the
> exported Mercury predicates, I assume.

Yes.

The efficiency of this solution isn't great, it would be nice to have a
solution that is highly efficient too.  But for most applications it
should be fine.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.