[mercury-users] MCORBA

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jul 25 11:47:41 AEST 2000

Hi,

David Jeffery and myself are still maintaining it, but not very actively.

David has made some improvements that we are really wanting to roll up
into a new release.  Unfortunately lots of other things (PhD theses,
other Mercury developments) are getting in the way.

The code is quite untidy, for some time I have been looking at a few
ways to fix this.

I have been looking at the possibility of fixing MCORBA to use the
new Mercury compiler backend to generate C++ code instead of the
convoluted tricks we use now.  When we started MCORBA this backend
didn't exist.  This would be much easier if we also had
a better C++ interface, which I have been working on very recently.
With these two changes, the code for MCORBA would be greatly simplified,
and we'd be able to work on it much more easily.

If there are particular improvements or fixes you need, we'd certainly
be happy to work on them.