[mercury-users] ICFP 2000 Programming Contest, August 26-29, 2000

Konstantin Läufer laufer at math.luc.edu
Sat Jul 22 09:38:35 AEST 2000

We are pleased to announce:

                         The Third Annual

                     ICFP PROGRAMMING CONTEST

                       August 26-29, 2000

                 http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

Convinced your favorite programming language provides unbeatable
productivity? Do functional languages lead to better and faster
programs? Perhaps it's just the case that functional programming
languages attract better programmers than other languages...and you
and your friends are the best of the best.

If so, we're providing you the opportunity to prove it! We are pleased
to announce the Third Annual ICFP Programming Contest to be held in
conjunction with the 2000 International Conference on Functional
Programming (ICFP'00). All programmers are invited to enter the
contest, either individually or in teams; we especially encourage
students to enter.  You may use any programming language (or
combination of languages) to show your skill.

On Saturday, August 26 at 5pm EST, we will publish a challenge task to
registered participants.  Teams will have until Tuesday, August 29 at
5pm EST (72 hours) to implement a program to perform this task and
submit it to the contest judges.  We've designed the contest for
direct, head-to-head comparison of language technology and programming
skill. We have a range of prizes for the winners: cash awards, famous
texts on functional languages donated and autographed by the authors,
special student prizes, and, of course, unlimited bragging rights.

For more information about the contest, prizes, and registration,
point your browser to:

   http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp.

For more information about ICFP 2000, see:

   http://diwww.epfl.ch/~odersky/icfp2000