[mercury-users] Sluggish XML parsing

Tomas By T.By at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Sun Dec 24 17:57:33 AEDT 2000

Michael Day writes:
> Hmm, well it compiles a lot faster and runs blisteringly quickly, but a
> comparison would not really be valid as it does not appear to do any
> checking as to whether a document is well formed.

who cares :-)

(no it doesn't)

is it not possible to run Conway's parser without the checking? it
would be interesting to see the difference

at one point I was using higher order parser combinators (not for xml)
but I could never get it to run with any decent speed. I was never
sure if there was some inherent problem with the higher order stuff or
just insufficient hacking on my part

/Tomas