[mercury-users] Newbie questions

John Eikenberry jae at zhar.net
Mon Dec 11 13:25:46 AEDT 2000

I've just started teaching myself Mercury. As a first fun teaching project
I'd like to write a robot for RealTimeBattles, a robot battle sim game. To
do this I need to figure out how to either handle Unix signals or the libc
select function (I'm doing this in linux). After hunting around the docs
and the email archives, I'm still not sure how either of these would work
in Mercury.

Based on some of the discussions in the email archive, it seems like the
select function isn't supported yet. It did seem like there is support for
signals though, based on some conversations and m-dev postings from '98.

I'd really appreciate a pointer to some docs/examples on either of these
(preferably both).

Thanks.

--

John Eikenberry