[mercury-users] Re: [m-dev.] Suggestions for mdb

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Wed Aug 23 19:00:07 AEST 2000

| > In Morphine (1), you could (2) do it like that:
| >
| > 	cp :- c, p.
|
| I'm afraid I haven't had time to install Prolog etc. and try

Well, installing Eclipse is very easy. But I completely understand you; we are
(and I am one of the first !!) all reluctant to learn other tools... It makes
me think about the last post of R. O'Keefe explaining why people don't move to
languages such as Mercury. People are satisfied with the (poor) languages they
use 90 % of the time...

| Morphine out yet.  90% of the time I find plain mdb quite
| adequate - so I'll probably end up waiting for a really tricky
| problem to raise the necessary motivation.

You swear that you won't ask for Zoltan or Fergus to add the new
functionality you miss when it happens :-))

| > Don't you like to hack you .emacs file?
|
| I'm a vim man, myself.  Emacs is another enormous tool I'm
| not motivated to learn, which is a pain as I understand that
| mdb under emacs is supposed to be rather good.

Well, I think the success of emacs is partly due to the fact that some people
are not ready to live with that 10 % of time where there are not satisfied with
their editor. But, of course, if you use vim ... ;-)

--
R1.