[mercury-users] overlapping instance declarations

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Aug 8 20:51:25 AEST 2000

On 08-Aug-2000, Michael Day <mcda at students.cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> Anyone else have comments on overlapping instance declarations in separate
> modules?

Technically, I'm for it, because I have to module qualify instance
declarations to get them working in the .NET backend, and it would be
nice it someone else wrote this code ;-)

But I believe there are some issues with the semantics.  In particular,
they are more complicated, because the semantics now have to be modified
to take into account module qualification.  DJ explained this to me
once, so I'm really just going on a memory of a conversion here...

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.