[mercury-users] Mercury on Darwin

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Aug 2 15:42:19 AEST 2000

On 31-Jul-2000, Roy Ward <roy at albatross.co.nz> wrote:
> If anyone is interested, I have managed to hack a port of
> Mercury 0.9.1 to Darwin 1.0.2 (the core of MacOS X on
> PowerPC). It's pretty incomplete - it requires hacking
> makefiles, and asm_fast.gc doesn't go (I have to use
> none.gc), but it's usable (if slow).

Just to follow up on this for everyone's information.

I've recently sent in an application for a grant to port Mercury to
MacOS X.  If the application is successful, we plan to do this mainly
over Nov 20000 to Mar 2001.  The work will be integrated into the
mainline compiler, and we should have a Mac machine to do nightly
testing on.

Of course we will start off with whatever Roy has done as a basis,
but hopefully we will be able to provide a development system at least
as good as on the other platforms that Mercury supports.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.