[mercury-users] Matricies

Juergen Pfitzenmaier pfitzen at Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De
Tue Sep 28 01:59:16 AEST 1999

Robert Ernst Johann JESCHOFNIK wrote:
>  I was just wondering - what is the preferred method for representing and
>  storing a matrix in Mercury? An array of arrays? List of lists?
>  I don't need to do any really complex computation on them, basically ju
>  simple matrix multiplication, inverse, etc..

Beware ! Matrix multiplication and inversion are *not* simple. You can
write a library based on the stuff in good books but if you want speed
you have to consider the special structure of your given matrix. And it's
very hard to write a library that can tailor its behaviour according
to some (hidden) information in its input.

ciao Juergen Pfitzenmaier