[mercury-users] Parsers in Mercury

Gilbert Roulot issarlk at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 23 08:58:12 AEST 1999

Hello,

I have been writing a parser in mercury for a rather simple file format
(one command per line, little or no ambiguity).I managed to make
something that'll understand files that have no error in them and I
though I might as well add error detection and report to it (missing
tokens, token that shouldn't be here, etc.)

The problem is there, I'm having a lot of trouble doing that ; I have
changed the implementation several time and it's *only* nearly working.
I searched for paper on parsers (for a better architecture) on the
internet, but most deals with functionnal language like Haskell
Before I continue and try to use these information for yet another
mutation of my parser, I'd like to know if Mercury's nature (it has
backtraking) affect the way people write parsers in it, compared to
functionnal language. Any document on this ? Or source code I could
study ?

Thanks.

PS : thank goes to the person who wrote the parser in MCorba, it was of
great help.