[mercury-users] :- module and :- interface

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Oct 12 23:59:44 AEST 1999

On 10-Oct-1999, Michael Day <mikeday at corplink.com.au> wrote:

> is it legal for any Mercury code or declarations to come between a module
> declaration and its corresponding interface declaration? Is there any time
> when :- module would be followed by something other than :- interface?

According to the language reference manual, no.
Or at least that's what we intended.  The actual words in the
language reference manual might not make that entirely clear,
but that's certainly our intent.

The compiler actually implements some undocumented extensions to the
module system specified in the language reference manual; it allows
such code, treating it as if any declarations between the `:- module'
and `:- interface' section appeared in the `:- implementation'
section.  But I would advise you _not_ to write code that depends on
this.