[mercury-users] socket support in io

David Glen JEFFERY dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Oct 5 15:36:12 AEST 1999

On 03-Oct-1999, Michael Day <mikeday at corplink.com.au> wrote:

> > Off-hand, I think MCORBA does not use sockets directly;
> > it is layered on top of a C++ CORBA implementation, and somewhere
> > in the guts of that, the C++ CORBA implementation probably uses
> > sockets, but that isn't going to be of much use to you.
>
> Yeah, was still interesting to have a look at it though :) Is MCORBA still
> under development?

Yes. MCORBA 0.3 will be released Real Soon Now. The main development since
0.2 has been the addition of mappings from a bunch of IDL types to Mercury,
the most notable being structs and enums. (Structs aren't quite working
at this stage, though...).

Stay tuned...

dgj
--
David Jeffery (dgj at cs.mu.oz.au) | If your thesis is utterly vacuous
PhD student,                    | Use first-order predicate calculus.