[mercury-users] "some" and existential types

Robert Ernst Johann JESCHOFNIK rejj at cat.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat Oct 2 13:16:51 AEST 1999

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, Michael Day wrote:

> Thanks for attacking the clouds of my befuddlement,

I have nearly the exact same clouds hanging over my head, too. :)
I think I probably would have been asking these exact same questions in a
few days - after my Compilers project is due, and I continue work on my
Graphics project, which I am attempting to do using Mercury (hence the
query about matricies).

is it legal to do something of the form:
:- some[T] pred foo(T) <= typeclass(T).   ?
I wouldn't think so, but I'm asking just incase, since I am still very
vague on this idea.

Rob