FW: [mercury-users] Records

Michael Day mikeday at corplink.com.au
Tue Nov 9 22:12:49 AEDT 1999

> Not yet.  Your email message was pretty unreadable to me.  Several
> characters got messed up.  Personally, I'd love to write programs
> using all the nifty mathematical symbols (La)TeX offers, but the world
> is not ready yet.  I don't even think all the infrastructure is ready
> for using ISO Latin 1 for language keywords.

I'd agree that we're stuck with ASCII when it comes to writing programs,
at least for the time being (is it possible to add UNICODE comments using
UTF-8 encoding? What about UNICODE identifiers?). But to get LaTeX
symbols, can we just write: \all x \exists y (P(x) \implies Q(y)) and have
a fancy editor that displays them in the graphical font of our choice? :)
I know close to nothing about TeX, but you just feed it ASCII, right?

Michael