[mercury-users] Microsoft's financial support

Lee Naish lee at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Nov 8 16:19:21 AEDT 1999

>I had thought that something like this could not happen! Well, I had
>hoped, assuming the Mercury group is aware of the Halloween documents,

I am not central to the Mercury project unlike Fergus and Tyson (and
have less to gain or lose by it) but I have signed the non-disclosure
agreement.

I think all of us are concerned/disgusted at some things Microsoft has
done.  And due to the non-disclosure agreement all the Mercury group
can say to defend itself really is "trust us - its not as bad as you
might think right now".

	lee

Disclaimer: My salary (and most of the Mercury funding to date) comes
from the Commonwealth of Australia, noted for the genocide of our
indigenous people (and our Prime Minister still refuses to appologise).

And according to some graffiti I saw recently, Melbourne University
Private (which is somehow associated with my employer) has some
involvement with training the Indonesian military, also noted for recent
genocide.