[mercury-users] constructor class syntax

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 3 00:35:13 AEDT 1999

> ... Has any
> research been
> done on whether token-rich or token-sparse languages are easy for a
> *human* to write, and subsequently parse? :)

I'm averse to excessive overloading (e.g. the madness in C++), but I'm
also averse to Too Much Syntax.  I liked Lisp and Prolog because I didn't
have to keep a Big Book of Syntax next to me.  Mercury, I think, has
strayed too far from the simple-syntax camp, since I frequently have to
refer to the language spec.  Mind you, it is doing an awful lot more than
Prolog did.

Ralph