[mercury-users] Meta programming in Mercury

Luke Evans Luke.Evans at seagatesoftware.com
Tue May 18 21:15:39 AEST 1999

Is there any way to submit new code to the Mercury compiler at runtime?  I'm
guessing that the answer is no, given that there's currently no interpreter
to handle any bytecode this process might generate.  If this is the case,
are there any plans which would permit meta-programming in the future, or is
the whole concept considered anathema!

I'm not sure if I even need this yet, but a new project will probably
involve describing fuzzy relationships which are discovered at runtime.
Obviously I could describe these in my own high level representation (as one
would have to do in an imperative language), but in Prolog I would have the
option of representing the logic as a part of the program itself.

Luke