[mercury-users] MCORBA

David Glen JEFFERY dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jun 17 13:43:24 AEST 1999

On 15-Jun-1999, Luke Evans <Luke.Evans at seagatesoftware.com> wrote:
> Ah.  Well I definitely WILL need both structs and typedefs.  We also use
> unions which I guess remain unimplemented at this time.

At this stage, yes. Once we work out a nice scheme for unions, it shouldn't
take too long to implement. There is one obvious translation into
Mercury's discriminated unions, but the problem with this solution is that
CORBA's IDL allows (as far as I can tell) arbitrary types to be switched on,
not just enumerations.

If anyone has ideas about that one, I'd be happy to hear them.

dgj
--
David Jeffery (dgj at cs.mu.oz.au) | If your thesis is utterly vacuous
PhD student,                    | Use first-order predicate calculus.