[mercury-users] Tutorial addition?

Ralph Becket rwab1 at cam.sri.com
Tue Jun 15 21:36:45 AEST 1999

Rob wrote on 15 Jun:
> I guess this is mainly for you, Ralph.
>
> If you have the time, do you think you would be able to add a section to
> the tutorial explaining the details behind an io__state, and just how
> you use it and what can be done with it? The first tute just mentions
> that they exist, and main needs them, and then there is the DCG tute..
> but I think a general I/O tute would be a good addition.. how to get
> data from the user, verify it, etc. How to grab command line
> parameters.. all the stuff you can do with an io__state.

Sure.  There seem to have been a number of requests for extensions to
the tutorial lately.  I'm going to be a tad snowed under with work for
the next week at least, so updates will happen slowly.  If anyone
else feels like contributing, please do!

Ralph

--
Ralph Becket  |  rwab1 at cam.sri.com  |  http://www.cam.sri.com/people/becket.html