Mercury Language Tutorial

Luke Evans Luke.Evans at seagatesoftware.com
Thu Jan 21 06:46:10 AEDT 1999

I was wondering if anyone has considered (or is even working on) a Mercury
Language Tutorial?  I get the impression that a document with a simple
approach to the language, from the ground up (only assuming exposure to
imperative languages or something) would help bootstrap interest in the
language.  I appreciate that, on the whole at the moment, the language is
being used by those for whom many of the concepts are already well
established.  A well structured tutorial would let anyone 'join' the stream
of information at whatever point their knowledge waned.  Of course there's
nothing better for learning a new language than just getting 'stuck in', but
directed learning is very helpful sometimes.

Luke