[mercury-users] Re: your mail

David Powers powers at ist.flinders.edu.au
Fri Feb 19 17:31:20 AEDT 1999

rwab1 at cam.sri.com said:
> Did anyone who tried to unpack the attachment in my last posting have
> any trouble?  If so, I'll uuencode the file and do it the old
> fashioned way.  Poxy mailer.

Fergus's forwarding (rather than redistributing) added another header.
Deleting from the From Fergus line up to and including the blank line before
the From Ralph line made it acceptable again.  This is what I did ([ex]mh can
edit a received message easily).

It should also be possible to force metamail to process it - yes:

     -y       This option tells  metamail  to  try  to  "yank"  a
             MIME-format  message  from  the body of the message.
             It is useful when a MIME-format has been rejected by
             a mail delivery system that does not now how to for-
             mat the rejection in a MIME-compliant manner.   (For
             the  convenience  of  those  who  can't  control how
             metamail is called from their mail reader, this  can
             also  be set with the MM_YANKMODE variable.)  If you
             use yank mode on messages that really  ARE  in  MIME
             format,  or  on  messages that do not contain a MIME
             message in the  body,  the  effects  could  be  VERY
             strange.   It won't hurt you, but you won't see any-
             thing very useful, either.

dP
dP
--
--   powers at acm.org       http://www.cs.flinders.edu.au/People/David_Powers
 Associate Professor David M. W. Powers PhD     Facsimile:  +61-8 820 13626