[mercury-users] Mercury needs a Tutorial

David Powers powers at ist.flinders.edu.au
Mon Feb 15 14:01:51 AEDT 1999

Fergus Henderson said:

> > The trouble with this approach is that it's probably too
> > verbose for LP experts who want to learn Mercury.
>
> Most of those either (a) can easily skim over the bits they understand
> (b) are capable of learning Mercury from the reference manual, or
> (c) have learnt Mercury already! ;-), so I think that is OK.
> And we already have a "Prolog to Mercury transition guide" for
> those kind of people (though it could doubtless be improved).

I've read the stuff on your site (a while back), including some lecture notes,
but I haven't made the effort to swap from Prolog, so I would welcome a
tutorial (and can indeed skip/skim the bits that are superfluous).

Can you tell me where to find this Prolog to Mercury transition guide - I
obviously missed it.

Thanks,
dP

--
--   powers at acm.org       http://www.cs.flinders.edu.au/People/David_Powers
 Associate Professor David M. W. Powers PhD     Facsimile:  +61-8 820 13626