[mercury-users] Mercury needs a Tutorial

Mark Ng markn at students.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Feb 12 11:14:09 AEDT 1999

> 2. I have always found programming examples invaluable.  Programming is
> inherently a 'doing' thing.  You only really learn by exploring the language
> yourself, but examples definitely give you a step up as you have ready made
> structure in which to start experimenting.

I agree.  In order to encourage the "doing" thing, it would be good
to have end of chapter exercises that either requires the reader to
create new programs or extend examples presented earlier.

mark