Sockets (again).

Ralph Becket rwab1 at cam.sri.com
Thu Feb 11 02:31:49 AEDT 1999

I've been thinking about adding sockets functionality to the io
library at long last, but there was some disussion hinting that this
may already have been done.  If so, pls. let me know so I don't
reinvent the wheel.  Otherwise I've printed out the exchange between
Fergus and Paul Massey from Feb last year and plan to go from there.

Other handy library ideas:
- pretty printing of terms;
- flexible input parsing (a la scanf or somesuch);
- tools for building theorem provers of various flavours (e.g.
  efficient FOL representation and manipulation + various search
  strategies and production schemata).

Any takers/interest?  I'm going to start work on the last one some
time soon anyway.

Ralph

--
Ralph Becket  |  rwab1 at cam.sri.com  |  http://www.cam.sri.com/people/becket.html