[mercury-users] setting the search path for GUD

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Dec 9 16:47:10 AEDT 1999

On 09-Dec-1999, Peter Ross <petdr at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> (defvar gud-mdb-directories nil
>   "*A list of directories that mdb should search for source code.
>   If nil, only source files in the program directory
>   will be known to mdb.
>
>   The file names should be absolute, or relative to the directory
>   containing the executable being debugged.")
>
> How do I actually set the above path when using the GUD binding?

You can use the following command:

 |	`M-x set-variable <RET> VAR <RET> VALUE <RET>'
 |	     Change the value of variable VAR to VALUE.

For the value, you just specify a list of directory names,
e.g. `("/home/foo" "/home/bar")'.
For example, you could use the following commands

	M-x set-variable <RET>
	gud-mdb-directories <RET>
	("/home/foo" "/home/bar") <RET>

If you want to make a permanent change, you can put

	(setq gud-mdb-directories ("/home/foo" "/home/bar"))

in your ~/.emacs file.

For more documentation on how to set or display variables in Emacs,
see the "Variables" section of the "Customization" chapter of the
GNU Emacs documentation.  Using the stand-alone info reader,
the command `info -f emacs customization variables' will bring up
the documentation.  Or inside Emacs, you can use `Control-H I'
to start the info documentation reader, and then
`m emacs <RET> m customization <RET> m variables <RET>'.