[mercury-users] Mercury programmer required ;-)

Warwick HARVEY warwick at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Sep 25 13:57:13 AEST 1998

Peter Schachte writes:
> I still think doing maths on the character codes is the easiest,
> fastest, and clearest solution, though.

... and relies on an ASCII character set.

Probably not that big a deal, really (I don't think I've ever used a
computer which wasn't ASCII-based), but character set independence was one
of the features Fergus was trying to keep.

Probably it's worth abandoning this for the "minimal" example.  I reckon
I'll do it anyway, just to compare speed with the first example.

Warwick