[mercury-users] Mercury applications, AI, backtracking

A.Voinov avv at quasar.ipa.nw.ru
Wed Sep 16 19:14:26 AEST 1998

>     decent parser.  I see real potential for a declarative scripting
>     language.

Don't I misunderstand the terms? What is "scripting language"?
Many years ago I used Arity/Prolog *interpreter* (and SICStus for the
short time) really as *scripting* language. For parsing/transformation
of data, access to databases, etc.
But Mercury is a *compiled* language with static type checking.
Does the quoted statement mean that there should be an interpreter of
a logic programming language, which should stand in the same position
to Mercury as Arity-interpreter to Arity-compiler?

Alexander