[mercury-users] There's nowt so boring as writing thesis

David Glen JEFFERY dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat Sep 12 18:43:56 AEST 1998

On 11-Sep-1998, Ralph Becket <rwab1 at cam.sri.com> wrote:

> It strikes me that the current Mercury libraries don't provide that
> great a range of higher order utilities.  For example, mapping and
> filtering binary trees would be a good one.  I volunteer to code
> something up after this month if there's any call for it.
>
> Reading the FP literature, it's just amazing how beautiful and concise
> HO code can be.  I love it.

Indeed. I think we'd all appreciate anyone's input into the design (and
implementation :) ) of the standard library. You may also like to check out Lee
Naish's recent post to the mercury-developers mailing list (available from the
web page) titled "Automatic generation of map, foldr, foldl".

dgj
--
David Jeffery (dgj at cs.mu.oz.au) |  Marge: Did you just call everyone "chicken"?
PhD student,                    |  Homer: Noooo.  I swear on this Bible!