Abstract/partial inst's in interfaces.

Ralph Becket rwab1 at cam.sri.com
Wed Oct 21 00:31:47 AEST 1998

Say I have an interface which declares types and predicates which are
implemented using, say, unique arrays.  I can hide the type
information, but I can't really hide the inst information.  The
interface still has to use modes like array_di and array_uo.  While
users of my module can't exploit this information, it niggles me that
some info. about my implementation seems to be escaping into the
interface.  I haven't thought too hard about this, but is there scope
for the inclusion of abstract or partially revealed insts and modes in
the language?

Cheers,

Ralph

--