[mercury-users] Version 0.8?

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Nov 16 15:44:47 AEDT 1998

On 15-Nov-1998, Luke Evans <Luke.Evans at seagatesoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I know I can always get a ROTD, but what's happening about the official 0.8?
> This was originally slated for September, but I see no sign of it on the
> web/ftp sites.  I presume the delay is due to some big new features that are
> important for inclusion in 0.8 (?).

The big feature that has caused some delay is the debugger.  The
rudimentary debugger of a few months ago has become something very
useful and usable.

You can get an idea of what it will be like from the Debugging section
of the User's Guide in the documentation section of the web page.

> Any ideas when 0.8 will be cut?

Fergus sent this to the mercury-developers mailing list today (at
5am local time ;-)

	I think everything is just about ready for the next release.
	If the bootcheck tonight on murlibobo passes OK, then I'll
	probably tag it as 0.8 and send it off tomorrow.

It didn't quite pass the bootcheck, but it appears to be a
problem with temporary files, not a compilation error or something
like that.  I think at worst we are looking at a week or two, and
if things go smoothly just a few days.  The next release of
the day will be a "release candidate" and could easily be Mercury 0.8
if we can get it to build everywhere.

--

Because I dislike being quoted I lie almost constantly when talking
about my work.

Tyson Dowd   <tyson at tyse.net>   http://tyse.net/