Mercury on Mingw32 or Linux

Joseph M. Dusio dusioj at norand.com
Fri Jul 24 02:16:07 AEST 1998

Thanks to both  Fergus Henderson and Dominique de Waleffe for the
quick replies to my questions.  Based upon the responses, I'm gathering
that CYGWIN Beta-19 is not the platform to use.

	Yesterday I was made aware of MingW32.  Is that a feasible
platform to put between Win95 and Mercury?

If not, how, if at all can Mercury be reasonably executed on Win95?

I am also curious to learn if I should expect a significant performance
increase for Mercury by running the same intel platform (P5-90Mhz, 32M
Ram) with Linux.

Opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

    Joe Dusio