[mercury-users] Re: Sockets

Bart Demoen bartd at cs.monash.edu.au
Fri Jul 17 10:54:28 AEST 1998

Richard O'Keefe wrote:

> Just one example:  I had a proposal for an 'environment' predicate that
> I had set up at Quintus to ease porting between Quintus Prolog, LPA
> Prolog, SICStus Prolog (0.7), NU Prolog, and Open Prolog, and between
> different operating systems.  For example,
> The committee weren't interested, as far as I know never ever listed it
> amongst their documents

I was in the ISO committee and also attended most of BSI's meetings on
the Prolog standard. I cannot remember having seen Richard's
proposal. I have no idea who hid it from the committees. Too much
politics in these committees I guess.

I lost touch with the module standardisation effort completely. Is it
finished ? What is happening ?

Bart