top-level loop?

Andreas Schoter andreas at intertrader.com
Sat Dec 5 01:55:00 AEDT 1998

Hi,

Please excuse the dumb question: is it possible to interact with the system
in the kind of way that Prolog's top-level loop provides, i.e, the '?-'
prompt?

I've checked the documentation and searched the mailing list archive, but I
can find no mention of such a thing, so I guess not?

The documentation talks about the need to ensure that the goal query as
well as all the program clauses are well-typed and well-moded, which the
compiler obviously ensures.  But does this strictly preclude the kind of
run-time interaction that I want here?  Wouldn't it be possible, once the
program had been compiled to do a run-time check on user goals?

Thanks

Andreas