[mercury-users] Type inheritance?

John Griffith griffith at sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Sep 23 20:17:40 AEST 1997

>> "DGJ" == David Glen JEFFERY <dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU> writes:

Thanks for the example and references.

DGJ> [2] Type Classes in Haskell, Coredelia Hall, Kevin Hammond, Simon Peyton Jones
DGJ>     and Philip Wadler, Proc. 5th European Symposium on Programming, pp 241-256,
DGJ>     1994. Springer LNCS 788.

In case anyone else is interested, I found this one at:
ftp://ftp.dcs.glasgow.ac.uk/pub/glasgow-fp/papers/type-classes-in-haskell.ps.Z

After a brief look at it I noticed that they also define superclasses,
which I guess could also be used to define some kind of inheritance
hierarchy.  Is this likely to be developed for mercury?

Also, the type classes are not in 0.7, right?  Do the beta versions
include these and will they be included in the next release?