[mercury-users] Re: Mercury for Mac ?

Peter Moulder reiter at netspace.net.au
Fri Nov 7 18:36:43 AEDT 1997

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> If you can get a vaguely Unix-like environment (i.e. gcc, make, sh, and a
> few others) under MacOS, then it would not be too hard.

So far, Mercury has avoided gcc dependencies, hasn't it?  (Though I know
it does benefit from having gcc extensions present, in terms of efficiency.)

If one just wanted a bare-bones Mercury environment (no Mmake), wouldn't
any ANSI C environment suffice, so long as someone in a Unix environment
compiles the Mercury compiler to ANSI C output?

I don't know whether the libraries assume POSIX, and I suppose that
filesystem access (esp. `/' vs. `:' vs. `\') would need changes.

pjm.