[m-dev.] reporting inconsistencies when building interface files

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Wed Sep 11 00:10:25 AEST 2019

Would anyone object to the second approach described by the
long comment in the attached partial diff? The comment also describes
the issues involved, and my reason for why bugs such as defining a type
as being both a du and an equivalence type should be detected and
reported at interface file build time. Since such errors are rare in
my experience, which way we handle them do not much matter,
but having all the relevant definitions available all at once
will simplify the code that makes type representation decisions.

At the moment, we make such decisions only at code generation
time, so we need to make them only for the currently targeted
platform, but type representation decisions that are recorded
in interface files must cover ALL platforms. This is why I need
this extra info.

Zoltan.