[m-dev.] adding a new talk

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Mon Oct 22 17:43:57 AEDT 2018

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018, Zoltan Somogyi wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 13:10:41 +0000 (UTC), Julien Fischer <jfischer at opturion.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 22 Oct 2018, Zoltan Somogyi wrote:
>>
>>> After I gave a talk on argument packing at YesLogic last friday (oct 12),
>>> I added the pdf of the talk to the www repository. It hasn't turned up
>>> on mercurylang.org, so I see that the website has to be updated manually.
>>
>> Yes, it needs to be updated manually.
>
> Do you have a guess as to how many manual updates worth of work would it be
> to automate this process?

In one sense the update process is very quick, git --pull followed by
make.  We could set up a cron job to do that; the downside is that the
above will leave the website in a broken state if someone screws
something up.  There aren't (currently) enough changes to the website to
warrant writing something that would handle the second case.

(In this case, you probably should have followed the documented review
policy for Mercury which requires that *all* web site changes be posted
for review; that way, (1) I would have been aware of it and (2) the
mistakes in your commit would have been caught before you pushed.)

Julien.