[m-dev.] promoted ROTDs

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Thu Jul 26 13:49:13 AEST 2018

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 03:08:44 +0000 (UTC), Julien Fischer <jfischer at opturion.com> wrote:
> They seem to the assignments to variables that the compiler introduces
> to control the stack frame for mutually recursive procedures.
> Here's an excerpt from the diff between rotd-2018-05-28 and
> rotd-2018-07-24 for the Java code we generate for
> lexer.string_get_quoted_name.  (The full diff is attached.)

My guess is that specifying the option --no-eliminate-unused-mlds-assigns
should fix the problem; it seems that this pass should be taught
not to eliminate assignments to compiler-generated tscc variables.
I should have a proposed fix for you to try out later today.
(I still don't have Java or C# on my laptop.)

Zoltan.