[m-dev.] for discussion: design issue for new integer types

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Sun Oct 30 12:29:12 AEDT 2016

Hi Sebastian,

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, Sebastian Godelet wrote:

> I know this might be out of scope but what about the arbitrary
> precision type "integer", would it be possible to have a literal
> syntax for that type as well?

It would be possible, however I'm not convinced that it would be a
terribly useful thing.  Once unsigned types are in the language (and
stable) we should revisit the implementation of arbitrary precision
integers since it will be impossible to improve it quite a bit -- that's
a separate discussion though.

Julien.