[m-dev.] Almost ready to merge the update_boehm branch

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Wed Sep 23 16:28:28 AEST 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 12:35:06PM +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:36:53 +1000, Paul Bone <paul at bone.id.au> wrote:
> >
> > I'm almost ready to merge the upgrade_boehm branch.
> >

> Hi Paul,
>
> Can I ask that, prior to a merge, you rebase the upgrade_boehm branch to
> eliminate the merges from master into upgrade_boehm?  Otherwise the
> history will be unnecessarily convoluted on master.

Wow, that was surprisingly painless.  I thought it would be more difficult
since I had pulled from master.  I was all ready to edit out those commits
but I didn't have to.  git just did the right thing.

> prepare.sh is trying to link from the PARENT of the 'mercury' directory:
>
>     ln -s ../libatomic_ops boehm_gc/libatomic_ops
>
> prepare.sh could be more careful in case it is run with the current
> directory not being the 'mercury' directory.
>
> The two submodule repositories seem to use different naming conventions
> for branches.  How about naming them ${UPSTREAM_BRANCH}-mercury
> for our forks based on ${UPSTREAM_BRANCH}?

I'll make the other changes suggested here and in the other thread and then
rebase once more, to catch up to master and to collapse some changes.

--
Paul Bone