[m-dev.] Almost ready to merge the update_boehm branch

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Wed Sep 23 11:54:31 AEST 2015

Hi Paul,

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015, Paul Bone wrote:

> I'm almost ready to merge the upgrade_boehm branch.
>
> Once it's merged you will need to use the prepare.sh script to prepare your
> checkout before running configure (see below).

Neither of the issues I raised here
<http://www.mercurylang.org/list-archives/developers/2015-January/016237.html>
appear to have been addressed.  prepare.sh will still attempt to create
symbolic links on systems that don't support them.

Related to the above, is the new verison of the collector arranged in
such a way that the source distribution will build on all systems?

When I last looked at this branch there seemed to be a bunch of new tool
dependencies, for example libtool.  Is this still the case?  If so, what
are the new dependencies?

Julien.